Colorado is fortunate to have several GREAT dance venues where during any given week you can Lindy Hop between 4-5 times a week (during the school year you can add another night). Coupled with the number of dancers who rotate around to these venues, most nights you are assured of having a good time. All of the venues are smoke-free and they are usually all-ages.
The Denver Turnverein
Located at 1570 Clarkson St., near the heart of Downtown Denver, "The Turn" boasts FOUR different clubs dedicated to dancing:
- The Rocky Mountain Swing Dance Club hosts West Coast Swing on Sundays.
- Tango Colorado offers Tango on Tuesdays.
- Salsa Central Denver brings Salsa on Wednesdays.
- The Colorado Swing Dance Club presents Lindy Hop on Fridays.
Yearly Turnverein membership (pro-rated through the year) isn't required to attend any of the dances, although it is highly encouraged. Membership gets you reduced admission to ANY of the four club's dances (for Lindy the cost goes from $7 to $4), as well as specific benefits from each club. ALL membership fees go to the maintenance of the building.
The Mercury Cafe
"The Merc", at 2166 California St. -- a couple of blocks from Downtown Denver -- is where the vast majority of Denver's long-time Lindy Hop dancers took their first lesson(s). They offer a full-service, vegetarian friendly Organic restaurant with a full bar downstairs and a 3,000 sq. foot dance floor upstairs. Lindy Hoppers consider the Merc as the place to be on Tuesdays, and Tango lovers cite the same for Friday nights.
- On Sundays & Thursdays the Merc offers Jitterbug (a.k.a. East Coast Swing) lessons with DJd music. Sundays also have Live music.
- Tuesdays the music is DJd, with several of region's local DJs sitting in to spin.
- On Fridays Tango alternates between DJd and live music!
Pearl Street Swing & Blues (PSSB)
The newest of area's regular dance venues, PSSB at 2126 Pearl Street in Boulder, presents dances on the first and third Saturdays of the month. Housed in the Pearl Street Studio, these bi-monthly dances are so popular that Lindy Hoppers drive from Colorado Springs to Boulder (98 miles - 2 hour drive time) to attend.
Swing In The Springs
Colorado Springs weekly dance, Swing in the Springs, happens Sunday nights at the VFW Hall located at 430 E. Pikes Peak Ave., in Downtown Colorado Springs. Although it's the shortest dance night, two hours, they make up for it in overall energy.